Saturday, December 13, 2008

The symbol of the old man's victory.


3. Scrooge (1951) (a.k.a. A Christmas Carol)
My third favorite Christmas movie. There are many versions of this story. Most of them are great, but the best for my money is Alastair Sim as Ebenezer Scrooge. It's one of my favorite stories. Timeless, scary, funny, and powerfully redemptive. It gives me hope that all those scrooges in our lives may one day see the light.

Here is a colorized trailer




2. It's A Wonderful Life (1946)

It's not only my second favorite Christmas movie, but it's one of my favorite movies of all time. It's almost cliché now, but the story of how one person can affect the lives of so many others is awesome to me. Capra and Stewart are at the top of their craft here. It's on every year. We have all seen it, but it never loses it's power. The final scene never fails to bring a tear to my eye.

Take a look at 9 minutes of some of the greatest Cinema ever created.

What will number one be....

Mikey

No comments: