Sunday, December 28, 2008

with unconscious will my voice squeaked out 'football'

it's christmas!
we started our celebrations on the 24th with the typical christmas eve traditions...
a dinner of yummy appetizers and finger foodswe let the kiddos open one gift each
and even though sky doesn't believe in santa, he still left out brownies, milk, and a message reminding him of what toys to bring.
(the apple slices and bin of water are for the reindeer, of course.)
christmas morning was fun, and the kids were really excited.

of course sharkey's favorite thing was not the huge batcave, t-ball set, or other cool toys, but rather a cheap little plastic gun that was in his stocking.
(this picture reminds me of ralphie's brother in a christmas story when he falls asleep under the tree with his zeppelin toy.)
although he did really like his farm set, too.
sky's life revolves around legos, so this ship was tops on his list. and look at his darling lego pjs! he LOVES those pajamas - sometimes i even catch him wearing them under his clothes.
sky's other favorite gift was from aunt candie...
he found out the hard way that they can't actually help you fly for real off the top of your bunk bed.
everyone knows i LOVE those sweet little christmas village displays with the lights and the tiny people and the fun shops and houses...and every single year i debate about starting my own collection of them. so this year pants surprised me and got me my very own christmas village! (i think he was just tired of hearing me always talking about them.) i am totally excited about it - i can't wait to keep adding to it!
and isn't this how you always end christmas day?
xoxo
velvet

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my that bat outfit is so fun. Good luck getting him out of it. LOVE the farm set. LOVE the village - I have a huge set that is displayed in our kitchen every year. I inherited it from my mom and dad. Big Daddy and I are off to a play in Seattle today - a gift from his mom! Gotta run : )