Saturday, December 6, 2008

A zeppelin!

Nothing sets the Christmas mood so perfect as some great Christmas music. Let's take a look at my top 5 Christmas Albums of all time.



5. The Sinatra Christmas Album -

This is a strange choice for me for a few reasons. First of all there are four songs on this that I really don't like. Secondly, this is not my favorite period in Sinatra's career. That being said, this album has a few of my favorite arrangements and versions of Christmas classics ever. Have yourself a merry little Christmas (which is my favorite Christmas song ever) has never sounded better. This was also an album I remember listening to a lot growing up. lots of Christmas memories here.

My favorite song on the record is Christmas Memories. It's about....well....Christmas memories. He sings about typical Christmasey stuff like cookies baking, decorating the tree and so on and so forth. Than he sings this line:

I close my eyes and see shining faces
of all the children who now have children of their own
funny, but comes December, and I remember every Christmas I've known.


I can't hear that line without the tears. It's a song about Christmas memories, and I love Christmas memories.

Take a listen....



I will post my number 4 pick soon.

Mikey

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Frank Sinatra is excellent as well and not just his Christmas music. He is so talented.