Monday, November 15, 2010

when our joy is at its zenith....


one of my favorite christmas memories from childhood will always be the morning i walked into my living room to find that an optimus prime tent had been set up as i slept. it was the very one i had seen in the jc penney catalog just weeks ago, and wanted more than anything. twenty five-years later (this past weekend), i stumbled across some images from that very same catalog, and to my surprise and joy, i found that same picture that set my optimus prime desire in motion. i also began finding pictures of toys, sleeping bags, bedsheets & so much more that i have not thought of since that year. yet, they are as familiar to me now as they were to that five year old boy. so here's to you optimus, teddy ruxpin, mask, toys'r'us, and all my other dear friends that will forever live in that magical & glorious land known as christmas in the 1980s.


p.s. i am not the little girl getting the teddy ruxpin in the video below....



1 comment:

CALAMITY JANE said...

i have very fond Christmas memories from the eighties, too. especially the year i got my casio :)