Monday, December 20, 2010

The line waiting to see Santa stretched all the way back to Terra Hote!


today was the first time i have hit up the malls for shopping this year. like always, it was quite an adventure. fun at first, and as always, ready to get out after a few hours. anyway, i was reminded of some older posts about this very thing....

Get out the Sears catalogue. Put on your brown polyester pants suit, and head to the land of Burnt Orange and Gamboge. It's your local indoor shopping center circa 1970 whatever. I love me some Christmas music, and my newest obsession is 1960's/1970's Christmas Mall Music. It's not your typical mall muzak...well it really is, but it's Christmas songs. So I put together a little glimpse of Christmas shopping in days of yonder. Listen as the music seems to echo through the rafters of JCPenny.




Here is some more Christmas Mall music. My good friend Charlie sent this to me about the last mall video I posted:

I remember the malls and Lazarus department store in Columbus Ohio where I grew up, and they would play this music at Christmas time. Couldn't wait to get up to the 6th floor to see Santa but my mom would have to stop and look at drapes or something while on our way. Little Charlie would look up at her with big (woman, you can look at drapes anytime, can't you see this is important?) eyes.

There was a shot in that video of Santa and a helicopter. We used to go to the Northern Lights shopping center to wait for Santa to come in by chopper. They used to rope off a big parking lot and he'd land and get out with his sack of crappy trinkets but is was great because he came by helicopter. Great memories.

Thanks Chuck!



I am loving this stuff.

Mikey

No comments: