Saturday, November 8, 2008

my little brother had not eaten voluntarily in over three years

i like to think i generally have above-average taste in music (i am married to a musician, after all), and usually you can find me listening to some obscure progressive band or some great old classic. which is why the confession i am about to make is so embarrassing.
i can't help it, but i love...eighties christmas music.
from wham giving me their heart to the band-aid relief group making me wonder if those african kids really do know if it's christmastime at all, i am a sucker for these kinds of tunes. but my most cringe-worthy favorite of all-time has got to be...dan fogelberg's same auld lang syne. it's the epitomy of cheesiness, yet i love it. and for some reason it turns this normally non-sentimental gal into a weepy pile of mush.
apparently ridiculous lyrics and terrible synthesizer music cast some sort of holiday spell over me, i don't know. even sting got through to me by delivering gabriel's message.
just don't even try asking me to please come home for christmas, pat benatar.
because you know i would.

xoxo
velvet

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay big daddy and I just danced around the kitchen to the first song - desperately trying to get into the spirit of Christmas. Either that or desperately trying to get the kids into bed so we could get into another kind of spirit.

um, what is this blog rated?

CALAMITY JANE said...

not pg anymore, i guess :) hee hee.
you guys are so cute - and if this blog gets you in either kind of spirit, i'll consider it a success :)