Sunday, November 23, 2008

My old man's spare tires were only actually tires in the academic sense. They were round and had once been made of rubber.

Christmas Television Specials are...well...special. From the classic music performance specials, to the Rank & Bass stop motion, or Charlie Brown they all have a specific place in the season. However there are a few that I have recently discovered that I had never seen before. Once I saw them I understood why. I will be sharing a few of these with you over the next few weeks.



First up is The Mr. Ed Christmas Episode. Remember the talking horse show? It's very strange to watch this thing today. In the Christmas special Ed wants Wilbur to buy him and his horse friends some new "horse presents". Meanwhile Wilbur and his best friend Mr. Kirkwood try to talk their wives into bringing the Christmas budget down to $15.00 for each person. Well, hilarity ensues. Not really, but there is something fun about watching these shows now days. Take a look at how strange this thing is...



p.s. if i may say so, the title of this post is quite clever... and again...wrong & sad.

Mikey

No comments: