Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Randy? Wake up , Randy.


One more day till Mikey's Christmas Mix 2011 is released upon the earth! Every year I scour the deep dark corners of record stores and the Internet for the strange and unusual Christmas songs. We have all heard Bing Crosby's White Christmas and Wham's Last Christmas, but have you ever heard Christmas Day by Detroit Junior or All I want For Christmas is a Go-Go Girl by Ben Hinds? Well you will tomorrow! I am never a fan of just plain stupid songs, or song that are weird just to be weird. Trust me when I say you will think some of these are bazaar, but I know you will still enjoy.

Today I am giving each and every last one of you a copy of Mikey's Christmas Mix 2010! I must say, last years was pretty great, and I was worried about how I could possibly out do myself, but I think when you hear 2011 you will think it the perfect companion piece! Click on the link below to download!
Daddy's Gonna Kill Ralphie Presents: Mikey's Christmas Mix 2010

Let's go over a few favorite tracks from 2010:

Space Age Santa Claus//Hal Bradley Orchestra w/Patty Marie Jay. (1961)

The A-side of a single written by Ross Christman...hmmm, and performed by the Hal Bradley Orchestra with Patty Marie Jay on vocals. Height of the Space Age goodness! Love the echo on the guitars.

Cool Yule//The J's with Jamie
I'm sure you have all heard the Louis Armstrong version of this song, but I actually like this one best. The awesome harmonies and lounge white bread America spin on this one makes me quite happy.

Snow Flake//Pebbles & Bamm-Bamm
Yes this is supposed to be the same Pebbles & Bamm-Bamm from the Flintstones, and I believe this was from a kids Christmas record, but I love the dreamy guitars and vocals.

Come On Ring Those Bells//Evie Torn
The Norwegian invasion of Evie Torn makes me nostalgic for Christmas in a 1985 snowy Detroit Michigan.

Christmas Journey//Wayne Newton

Again, the dreamy sounds on this one put me in such a happy place. On a side note, I played this for my wife the other day and she asked if it was Judy Garland.

Enjoy the tunes!!!

1 comment:

Sakira said...


Try this apk now its on trending : spotify careers