Thursday, December 1, 2011

I think I see Aunt Clara's gift to you right over there...


Well, here we are, December first. Twenty five days. Today is the day that all the Humbugs who tell me it's to early to listen to Christmas music bite their tongues. No more will I hear, It's not even December yet. Yes folks, welcome to full blown Christmas Bacchanalia!

In celebration of such a glorious moment, I am sharing my annual Christmas mix with all of you! A few days before Halloween, I start pulling together all my resources, and any discovery that might be found in a vintage store or some deep dark corridor of the internets. This is why some of these songs may have some old school record pop and scratch noises. Think of it as culture!

Click on the link below to download! I will guide you through the steps if you are not familiar with the process.

Daddy's Gonna Kill Ralphie Presents Mikey's Christmas Mix 2011

Click on the above link to download directly to your computer. The download will be in a folder called Daddy's Gonna Kill Ralphie Presents Mikey's Christmas Mix 2011. Drag that folder into itunes or whatever music player you use on your computer. It's just that simple.

I have listed the track order below just in case something funky happens with the order, but I have tested everything on two computers, and everything should be locked in!

1. Santa's Night Before Christmas///Santa
2. Christmas Wrapping///The Waitresses
3. What Will Santa Claus Say When He Finds Everybody Swinging?///Louis Prima
4. I Want To Spend Christmas With Elvis (Heartbreak Noel)///The Holly Twins
5. Dasher///Duke Ellington & His Orchestra
6. Christmas Shopping///The Shoppers
7. Christmas Wish///NRBQ
8. Merry Christmas, Baby///The Beach Boys
9. All I want For Christmas is a Go-Go Girl///Ben Hinds
10. Christmas Day///Detroit Junior
11. Merry, Merry Christmas Baby///Dodie Stevens
12. Christmas Greeting From Hawaii///The Islands
13. Mele Kalikimaka///Arthur Lyman
14. Christmas Island///Bob Atcher & the Dinning Sisters
15. Exotic Night///Martin Denny
16. Sleigh Ride///The Ventures
17. My Favorite Things///Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass
18. The Bell That Couldn't Jingle///Burt Bacharach
19. Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town///Arthur Treacher
20. Here Comes Santa Claus///Bob Dylan
21. YULESVILLE///Edd Kookie Byrnes
22. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas///Ramsey Lewis
23. We Three Kings///Jack Brokensha Quartet
24. Christmas Time Is Here///Starflyer 59
25. Santa Claus On Mars///Voldar
26. Santa Done Got Hip///The Marques
27. Futuristic Christmas Tree///Dick Horner and The Camarada
28. Jingle Bells///The Three Suns
29. Sun Valley Ski Run///Esquivel
30. What Is A Santa Claus?///Stan Kenton
31. Santa Has To Go Now!///Santa

I hope this collection brings you tidings of comfort and joy, and may just expand your Christmas collection pallet beyond Bing Crosby and Andy Williams (no disrespect to those fellas, I do love them as well). Enjoy!

Oh! Don't forget, you can download last year's mix RIGHT HERE! Happy December first!

No comments: