Monday, December 5, 2011

You know this wine ain't bad. You want a sip?


Many of us have our favorite Christmas albums, movies,television specials etc. Sounds and images that trigger nostalgia and reassure us the the season is in full swing. A Christmas Story, Ella Fitzgereld's Christmas album and A Charlie Brown Christmas Special are always at the top of the list for me, but the journey for undiscovered and sometimes forgotten Christmas adventures always calls to me. File this list of Christmas Television Specials under "not so popular/guilty pleasure/non classic" or maybe just horrible. Still, I remember watching them, and I'm a fan of them and I'm gonna share them with you.

First up is The Neil Diamond Christmas Album and Television Special. I remember seeing this thing back in 1992 and being memorized by Mr. Diamond's tan. Still, I will never speak ill of "The Diamond".



Let's not forget the opening to the Pat Boone Family Christmas Special. Debbie was my favorite.



Andy Williams is a Christmas time staple, and he had many a Christmas special. Here are a few clips from him. I had to post a couple, because he is always rather fun and jolly.



Here is one with Andy, and his less successful Williams Brothers.



The Internets are full of these treasures, and I'll probably be posting more of them this season.

No comments: